WELCOME

I AM VERY EXCITED TO START THIS CHALLENGE. I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED TO READ AND HAVEN'T REALLY DONE SO IN A LONG TIME. NOW THIS CHALLENGE WILL HELP ME BEGIN AGAIN, SOMETHING THAT I ENJOY VERY MUCH.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Lord's of the Earth by Don Richardson


I am starting my reading challenge today. I bought this book today at a bookstore sale. This looks so interesting. On the cover it says: An Incredible but True Story from the Stone-Age Hell of Papua's Jungle.


I will keep you updated.
Today Sunday 12/8: I have read up to page 93. This is a very interesting book. People who believe that thunder can prove you are unworthy and must die. People who believe that if a girl walks on holy ground must die. If someone believes you did something against their commandments you must die. Oh my, how sad to live a life like this. How many people have died unnecessary deaths. A missionary who had a very sad life growing up...beat on by other children, hated by his father and then finding Christ.
I want to keep reading but I do need to go to bed.
Today Thursday Jan/1: I read quite alot last night. I find that the one "main" missionary in the book was on the tough side. That was good for some things but for others, I think he needed to think and pray more before he talked. Believe me, I can't even imagine being near cannibals, people that didn't know about the outside world let alone walking right into their society and taking over. I also believe that this missionary's love for the Lord was very strong and he had a big heart for these people.
This is a book that I have been looking forward to reading every night.
Friday Jan/2: I'm done! Can you believe it! This was an excellent "don't put me down book". Of course I wanted to cry. I will be going online to look up the "Yali's".

No comments: